Monday, September 30, 2013

Super Sized Football Brownie

Ever ask yourself "are you goofy???". Yep, the question does come up here... I wanted to make a Super Sized Football Brownie for my PIGSkin Challenge and thought I'd make the shape with tin foil and build a pan and, and, and... Hello, how about I just make 9x13 brownies (or any size rectangular pan) and trim the corners to look like a football. Much better:@) The white is whatever type of frosting you'd like to use. I went with an NFL type ball this week, zig-zag white stripes on the sides for a college ball.
What's that you ask? Where are the other two corners?
Um, I think Earl ate them...
Pin It
Notes:
  • I lined the baking dish with Reynolds Release and chilled the brownies well after they cooled off, then peeled the foil off the bottom.
  • Don't even dirty an icing tip, just add icing to a disposable icing bag and snip a small hole in the end.
  • Feeling spunky? Go ahead and write "go team" (or "ugh" if you're an Eagles fan) on the brownie too, there's plenty of room for a message!
  • The easiest way to bring something like this to a party and not have to worry about remembering to take your serving tray home, simply cover some cardboard with tin foil.
PS-All you cookie sheet/pan companies out there... I'd love to see a large-one batch size-football shaped cookie pan and bet I'm not the only one. That would be great for parties!

23 comments:

  1. I'll believe Earl ate those trimmings when pigs fly!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, I can do this!!! My football loving family will love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a fantastically sweet idea! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Football fans or not, everyone will go crazy over this one.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool idea, Lynn...it even LOOKS textured like a real football. Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That naughty Earl is always getting into things, but I can't blame him one bit...I'd be eating those ends, too! Thanks for the great idea, Lynn! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stand your ground on that earl story! How cool was this - and didn't even need frosted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even care what shape it is...brownies, mmmm! So, there are 2 kinds of footballs huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and easy shape. I agree, a football shaped brownie pan would be in a lot of homes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea and so much fun to take to a party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute and it would sweeten a less that happy game score.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't turn your back on Earl for a minute, can you? That's one fine looking brownie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have so many cute ideas, Lynn. I like your football and I'll bet it's delish too! Love the owl you crocheted as well. Have a great week!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too fun Lynn! Chocolate is perfect for drowning your sorrows or for celebration so it's a win-win :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what great fun for a tailgate party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i don't like sports, but if it involves brownies, i KNOW i could catch that pass!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun and it really looks like a football. Plus the trimmings can be turned into cook's treats :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! I have to do this! Thanks for linking up with What's Cookin' Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Lynn,
    We are ready for some football today and this will be a perfect addition to the party tray. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday, and have a great weekend.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!