1 C (2 sticks) butter
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp molasses
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp powdered instant espresso
1 tsp vanilla
1 C chocolate chips
*1 Tblsp shortening
3/4 C chopped nuts
- Place silicone mat, parchment, Reynolds Release or buttered tin foil on cookie sheet.
- In medium saucepan with candy thermometer attached melt first 6 ingredients over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until it reaches 250 degrees then stir constantly until it reaches 298-300 degrees.
- Take off heat and add vanilla, stir well and pour onto prepared cookie sheet.
- *At this point I like to wait about 6-7 minutes then sprinkle the chips over the toffee (the candy has to cool a bit before adding chips). You can test the chips to see if they've melted, it takes about 3-5 minutes... at that point spread them nicely all over the top of the candy and sprinkle chopped nuts (and nut dust) over the chocolate. Push the nuts into the chocolate lightly with your hands. OR-you could let the toffee cool and melt the chocolate and shortening in the microwave and pour over the toffee then adding the nuts.
- Let cool completely, then break into pieces and store in air tight containers.
-Use a real vanilla but it doesn't have to be an expensive/fancy one.
-I used semi-sweet chips, I think milk chocolate would actually be better on this toffee.
-Toasting the nuts first would be nice.Enjoy and have a happy day:@)
Full Plate Thursday
Sweets for a Saturday