And we all know that a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand!
This recipe is from Allrecipes and it's new to me. I think it's tastier than the one I've used before. It also has 3,060 reviews for 4.5 stars. They are sweet, crunchy and a bit chewy all at the same time. And in case anyone is wondering, I did roll one in little orange and black nonpareils... yea, don't do that. It's better to use sugar:@) The cute Fitz and Floyd plate came from Marshalls many years ago.
Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C shortening
1 1/2 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 C flour
2 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tblsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry.
- Shape dough by spoonful into balls.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon, roll balls in mixture.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until set but not too hard.
- Remove from sheet to cool right away.