You will need:
Chipped Beef 101
2. Drain the water and chop up your onion and the meat.
3. In 10" skillet melt butter and cook onion over medium heat until it starts to get tender.
5. Stir flour into the butter and onions and cook for about one minute.
6. Add the milk and stir until it's not lumpy.
8. Add the meat, trying to separate it as you put it in.
9. Turn off the stove and let the meat heat through. Check for seasoning, you may actually have to add some salt back into it!
One 2.25oz jar of Dried Beef
1 1/2 Tblsp butter
1/4 onion, baseball size, diced
1 Tblsp A/P flour
1 C milk
S&P to taste
Sautee onion in butter till soft. Add flour, cook for a minute, add milk. While stirring constantly, bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat and stir until thickened. Add beef and serve over bread or potatoes.
- This can be served over bread, biscuits, potatoes, anything. Add a couple fried eggs and some fruit and you have a very hearty breakfast.
- This is basically just a white sauce with meat. I added a little extra butter for the onion.
- Oh... and you don't need a cool spatula with little pigs on it, but it sure brings something to the party!