I mentioned the "no soak" method HERE and that is the technique I'll be using again today.
Hope you love it if you try it:@)Pintos
1 Tblsp olive oil
Onion, a small one, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 C dried Pinto Beans, sorted and rinsed
2 C chicken stock
1/2 C water
1 can Rotel with juice (store brand is fine)
1/2 tsp Cumin
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Heat heavy pot, I use cast iron. Add olive oil, onion and garlic, stir for a couple minutes until fragrant.
- Add all the rest.
- Bring to a boil, cover with lid and place in the oven.
- Bake for 75 minutes, check about half way through to make sure there's enough water, add more if needed.
- Check the beans to see if they're tender, if not, back into the oven for 15 minute intervals until they are.
This recipe is for half a bag, simply double it for a whole bag. It freezes well too.
This makes the house smell so good, and it's good for you-love that!
How do you make Pintos?