Monday, September 9, 2024

Dollar Store Salmon Chip Dip Recipe

You probably already know I'm not a big seafood person, but I do like tuna fish, and canned or pouched salmon is pretty darn close to tuna fish. And while I'm sure this dip would be ~amazing~ with some leftover grilled salmon from last night's dinner, in my world, I grabbed a pouch of Bumble Bee (or Chicken of the Sea, I forget which brand it was) at Dollar Tree to whip up this Salmon Chip Dip:@) It had lots of flavor and a little bite from onion, peppers and olives. And please be sure to serve this with the nice big potato chips that have the hearty ridges. Good stuff folks. If you mix it and decide you'd like it just a tad looser, add a few drops of lemon juice or maybe even hot sauce.
I'm calling this Dollar Store Salmon Chip Dip because I had the thought to make it when I saw the salmon at Dollar Tree. Of course these pouches can be found anywhere from Walmart to supermarkets.

Salmon Chip Dip
For each 2 1/2 to 3oz pouch of salmon squeezed dry (I just pull the top off, tap the fish back into the envelope, fold it in half lengthwise, squeeze the top tight and wring some of the liquid out):
1 1/2 Tblsp mayonnaise 
1 1/2 Tblsp sour cream
1 1/2 Tblsp finely diced onion of choice
1 1/2 Tblsp finely diced fresh peppers of choice, jalapeno is nice:@)
1 1/2 Tblsp finely diced olives
Few grates of fresh lemon zest if not using lemon pepper salmon
Couple shakes of your favorite seasoned salt
Couple shakes of garlic powder
Few hearty grinds of black pepper
pinch of diced fresh parsley if you have it
~Mix well, chill for at least 1/2 hour before serving with potato chips.

Enjoy a Snack and Have a Happy Day:@)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!