Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Summer Tomato, Cucumber, and Pepper Pickled Salad & Best Yellow Tomato Variety

This Summer Tomato, Cucumber, and Pepper Pickled Salad is something I'll throw together for Sunday dinner when the garden is producing. There really isn't a recipe or anything very specific, and it can be more on the vinegar side, or the sweeter side, you know your crowd:@) My family leans more towards vinegar... What makes this different than my normal quick pickled salads for dinner is the addition of oregano and a drizzle of olive oil, giving it a little Italian flavoring. Isn't this gorgeous folks... Summer on a plate!

As a general rule I stay away from terms like the best or the greatest here on the blog, that's all subjective... But just look at the color of those tomatoes... I really wanted a yellow cherry tomato plant this year and honestly, spent more money on it than I normally would... But I have to say, This Bonnie Sun Sugar plant has incredibly over-produced, we've had tomatoes for over two weeks already, and it will be ripening for weeks to come (they say until frost, we will see). Ma calls the tomatoes candy, and I've been very happy with this variety:@) *This pic is from the Bonnie site.

Summer Tomato, Cucumber and Pepper Pickled Salad
Whatever amount you have of the vegetables cut bite size
Whatever amount of vinegar use about 1/4 that amount sugar to start and adjust to taste
Sliced Onion
Light drizzle of olive oil
A few hearty shakes of dried oregano
Light sprinkle of garlic powder
S&P to taste
~Mix everything, let sit on counter for a couple hours stirring occasionally.

Eat Seasonally and Have a Happy Day:@)

2 comments:

  1. My kind of salad!!! YUM. Now if my tomato plants would start producing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, colorful and healthy salad, Lynn. How wonderful to have that tomato plant that will keep on producing until frost.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!