Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Shrinky Dink Flower Bouquet for Barbie -Recycling DIY

If there's one thing we know about the male dolls in Barbie's life, it's that they are romantic little devils:@) I've wanted to try making a Barbie Flower Bouquet from Shrinky Dinks for a while and finally gave it a try... I think it turned out cute! I will say upfront, I used the wrong type of plastic, mine didn't shrink as much as expected. *Please look for the number 6 inside the recycling label on the container. But I am happy with the way the Sharpie colors deepened. I also like the way I cut into the zinnia looking flower to create separate petals, that turned out pretty neat. My best tip: Be sure to trim all of the plastic before putting it into the oven, it will become brittle afterwards (I did break the stem of one flower). Over all, this was a fun project, and I'm looking forward to trying it again.
Much to Ken's chagrin, we chose an action figure doll today because the hand was better at holding and presenting the flowers:@) How to make a no-sew Ken tank top from sock here. Halter top with beaded necklace pattern here.

I won't reinvent the wheel, there are plenty of tutorials and instructions online... You may find this one helpful here

Let's recycle creatively and 
Have a Happy Day🌼

1 comment:

  1. I think Bill needs to take a cue from Ken (or GI Joe?) and bring me a bouquet :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!