Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Fizzy Retro Lime Jello & Cucumber Salad

I have to tell ya folks, when it comes to these old school Jello side dishes it doesn't get more cooling and refreshing than this Sparkling Lime Jello and Cucumber Salad. Perfect for summer:@) The cucumber helps tame the tangy lime, and this is something most people will like. We felt this one is also more suited as a side dish as opposed to dessert. My twist... Have you seen the new packs of Sparkling Jello at Walmart? They are intended to be made with the Aha brand of water, I just used Great Value Key Lime Sparkling Water. But I'm sure this would be great with the lime/watermelon flavored water. I made one box of the recipe in my 2 1/2 C thrift store mold. Two boxes can be simply poured into a loaf pan if you don't have Jello molds. Or just scoop it out of a bowl... The idea is just to try it!

I like that you can see some of the bubbles in this pic:@)
Not a big fan of lime Jello?
Use lemon instead.
I don't have too many green Jello posts...
So, yea, lime it was:@)

Sparkling Jello comes in three flavors,
and is sugar free:
Good ole regular Lime Jello would work fine too:@)
Best eaten the day it's made.

Sparkling Lime Jello and Cucumber Salad-inspired from Kraft
For each 4 serving size Sparkling Jello:
1/2 C boiling water
1 1/4 C sparkling water-I used key lime, can use lime/watermelon
1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and shred
  1. Dissolve Jello in boiling water.
  2. Stir in 1 1/4 C cold sparkling water. Refrigerate for about 30-45 minutes, or until slightly thickened. You may notice a lighter colored coating on top, I suggest scooping that off before stirring the Jello.
  3. Stir cucumber into Jello. *Tip: I shred my cucumber onto a couple paper towels to let a little of the extra liquid drain off.
  4. Pour into a mold or bowl sprayed with vegetable spray.
  5. Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until set. Unmold and serve.
  6. *Note: If using Sparking water, it's best to make this the day you're serving it so the water stays fizzy and bubbly.
Try something new and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

  1. I like this idea, Lynn! I have not seen the sparking jello’s but I’ll be looking! I’m crazy about cucumbers and have two in my fridge right now. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!