Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Inside Out Jello Turkey Mold -Thanksgiving or Christmas

Oh I do love me some Jello fun folks and my Jello Turkey Mold would be a big hit at the kiddie table! It couldn't be easier, it's formed in any smaller deep bowl you have, no special mold required-gotta love that. Simply whip up some Jello Jigglers, create feather skewers and figure ~something~ out for the head. Inside out because we're adding a little fruit to the serving tray instead of in the Jello. I went totally retro and used well drained canned fruit cocktail. Maybe serve with a can of whipped cream on the side and... Wa-la, a cute side dish sure to make the kids giggle:@) 

What I learned:
I would just use regular size marshmallows for the tail feathers.
The fruit is heavy, the skewers need to be straight up and down and more towards the center,
not leaning or they'll begin to fall and cut the Jello.
My stryrofoam ball was 2", I'd use something smaller.
I really wanted the head made from food but nothing popped out to me.
Want a bigger turkey? Make more Jello and use a larger bowl, do use a deep bowl though.

These Candy Corn Turkey Toes, complete with silly poem, are another fun idea for the kids.

Inside Out Jello Turkey Mold
2 packs (4 serving size) Jello, any flavor desired
2 C boiling water
Feathers: Marshmallows would be best.
Fruit for platter: Anything you'd like or might find in Jello salads. I used a can of fruit cocktail.

  1. Mix Jello with boiling water until dissolved.
  2. Spray mold with cooking spray, pour in Jello. Place in fridge until set, at least 4-6 hours.
  3. I dried the wet fruit for feathers a bit on paper towels. Skewer your feathers, I used shish-ka-bob skewers cut to size, you want them to go all the way through the Jello to the platter. Set aside on paper towels to drain some more.
  4. Create your turkey head. I hot glued googly eyes and felt gobble thingy onto styrofoam ball, then glued on the candy corn for beak.
  5. Dip bowl in warm water, dry bowl and turn Jello out onto serving dish.
  6. Stick skewers into Jello, aim for the deepest part and try to keep more straight up and down. If you're not working quickly, place Jello back in fridge for a bit, then complete the project.
  7. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and store in fridge until ready to serve. Be gentle transporting to table.
Make something just for fun and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

2 comments:

  1. Too cute Lynn!! Gotta be a big hit with the little gobblers!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing how you come up with fun ideas, Lynn. Your Turkey is adorable and kids live grit and jello. The Turkey toes are an added take home bonus. 🦃

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!