Monday, March 18, 2019

Pineapple Coleslaw

As we begin to see some nicer weather and enter into salad and BBQ season, I'm going to continue my search for new and diverse coleslaw type recipes to share on the blog-you are welcome:@) First up for 2019, this Pineapple Cole Slaw is a very nice salad, especially if you like a dressing with a little less mayonnaise that isn't overly sweet. The pineapple is perfect if you're looking for something a little different with grilled meat or even for Easter dinner. This is a pretty mild salad that will most likely appeal to everyone that likes pineapple and green peppers.
My thoughts:
I think a few good shakes of celery seed would be a welcome addition. 
Some red bell pepper would be pretty too.
The All Recipes pic shows carrot, I didn't notice that or I would have added some for color.
If you use canned pineapple, make sure you get chunks or pieces, not crushed pineapple.
There are some good comments on the site with the original recipe,
some folks use a bag of slaw mix, some double the dressing, etc.
I have a another Pineapple Coleslaw but ~without mayo~ HERE.

Pineapple Coleslaw-from All Recipes
1 medium head green cabbage, thinly shredded
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and diced-can sub 20 oz pineapple chunks, drained well
4 green onions, sliced-I subbed some yellow onion
1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
some shredded carrot-optional
1/3 C white vinegar
1/4 C mayonnaise
1 Tblsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
~Mixed everything well and let mingle for at least 2 hours before serving.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great cole slaw, Lynn. I like the idea of red pepper in with it, along with carrots. Yes, BBQ season is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a different cole slaw using pineapple! Thanks for sharing at Cooking and Crafting with J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy, does this slaw sound fabulous!!! Bill doesn't like coleslaw or pineapple so I will make a batch just for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of pineapple in a slaw, great for pairing with BBQ chicken! YUM, Thanks Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, there is a restaurant here in SW Florida that is known for their Pineapple Slaw. It is so good and in fact The Captain and I had some last night when we ate there. Their recipe is pretty much a regular slaw recipe using finely shredded cabbage and canned pineapple chunks. Oh so good And I want to thank you so much for linking up to our Celebrate Your Story link party. We hope we are providing a celebration of your post and perhaps yours will be chosen as a feature by one of the hosts.
    Have a great and Blessed Day!
    Kari @ Me and My Captain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would be delicious with ribs or chicken for a luau to add some tropical flavor Lynn! Love the idea of red pepper and carrot too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!