Saturday, August 11, 2018

Saturday Snippets -Summer Shandy Beer Review, Pumpkin Spice Caramels and $1 Candy Eyes

We are truly deep into the dog days of summer here in Philly, as I'm sure you are too. I thought it might be fun to try a couple Summer Shandy Beers and let you know which one was my favorite... You know, in case you're looking for a nice little something cold to sip on while trying to catch a breeze:@) Shandy is just the word they use for a combination of beer and lemonade. I asked the lady at the beer store what the most popular brands were and she immediately came up with these two.
Not even close folks... Samuel Adams Porch Rocker is very good! It's fresh and light and has a nice citrus flavor, perfect for summer. 
I found the Summer Shandy heavier and unfortunately I thought the citrus flavor was kind of artificial. 
So if you want to bring a great six pack to the next BBQ, I recommend Porch Rocker.

Retail is quickly stocking up on fall items, I saw these Pumpkin Spice Caramels at Dollar Tree.
They look good:@)

And while we're thinking ahead to fall and living by the "grab it while you see it" theory of life...
Walmart has these little candy eyes for decorating cookies, cakes, candy bark, ~jalapeno poppers~ etc. for $1.
If you've picked them up before you know they could be kind of expensive.
They're fun to have on-hand and if you store them in an airtight jar will last a very long time.

Happy Weekend Everyone -Stay cool:@)

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy eating candies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look for those candy eyes at WM, Lynn, and the pumpkin caramels at Dollar Tree. Thanks for sharing your finds with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 'Porch Rocker' great name! A friend introduced me to a fun Rosé in a can called 'Porch Pounder' ;) We just had a brand new Dollar Tree open up about 10 minutes away last week and I've already been twice! Bring on the Pumpkin Spice and the Candy Eyeballs...I'm beyond ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!