Saturday, July 14, 2018

Two Ingredient Spinach Alfredo Dip -Stove top, oven, grill or crock pot

I went junkin' and got a new kitchen toy! Been looking for one of these 2 C Little Dipper Crock Pots and finally found a shiny brand new one at the thrift store. First up, this Two Ingredient Spinach Alfredo Dip is almost too easy folks. And it can be heated up any way you'd like, whether in the oven in a pretty baking dish for the holidays or heated on the grill in cast iron, or even served in a disposable tin pan for easy clean-up! I'm thinking camp fire for that last one. And football season is coming... just sayin':@)

 This is a nice mild dip. Want to amp the flavor up even more?
Add a little garlic powder, some Parmesan cheese and maybe even a few shakes of red pepper flakes.
 I did add the 'bacon' label, we all know a little bacon makes everything better:@)
Leftovers? Spoon over noodles for a quick and easy side dish.

Two Ingredient Spinach Alfredo Dip-Modified from Pillsbury
~This makes about 1 1/2 C dip, recipe easily doubled, etc.
12 oz frozen spinach, cooked and squeezed dry-I'm going to try thawed and squeezed (not cooked) next time
3/4 C jarred alfredo sauce
Optional-1/4 tsp seasoned salt and black pepper to taste-I used Lawry's Seasoned Salt and a few cranks of pepper
  1. Mix and heat. 350 oven for about 20-25 minutes, same for a medium hot grill or campfire (just keep an eye on it). Stove, heat on medium stirring occasionally. My Little Dipper Crock Pot took about 1 1/2 hours to heat through. 
  2. Serve with crackers, toasts, chips and/or veggies.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

7 comments:

  1. oh this does sound good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to keep my eyes open for one of those little crock pots. Great idea for dips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant dip idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find Lynn, love the easy combo of your alfredo and spinach too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah! Who wouldn't love this???? And so easy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love kitchen toys, and it looks like this will be a fun one, Lynn. The dip sounds really yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant. I actually have a little no name crock pot of similar size and function. I haven't used it in a few years but I do love spinach dip. This recipe can't be easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!