Tip: Store bacon fat in a mason jar in the fridge, fat can even be (carefully) poured into the jar while hot. And if you don't have one of the plastic lids specifically sold for mason jars... I save the lids from 16 oz peanut butter jars, they work well too.
Maple Syrup and Bacon Fat Roasted Butternut Squash
medium size butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2" to 3/4" cubes
1 Tblsp bacon fat
1 Tblsp pure maple syrup
S&P to taste
- Melt bacon fat on baking sheet in 400 degree oven.
- Add squash and maple syrup to baking sheet, carefully mix well.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)