German Apple Cake-adapted from A Spoonful of Sugar
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C sugar-I use 1/2 C
1 C A/P flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 C sugar-I used 1 1/2 Tblsp of orange sugar
1 tsp cinnamon-I sprinkled this over the batter instead of mixing with the apples
3-4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced-I used 2 large apples
- Cream the butter and sugar, mix in the eggs.
- Mix in the dry and spread the batter into a greased 9" spring form pan (batter will be thick). I only have an 8" pan so that's what I used.
- Mix the additional sugar and cinnamon with the apples and arrange them in a circular pattern over the batter. You should have an outer ring and an inner ring. Press the apples into the batter lightly. I just arrange the apples and sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar over them. I usually end up with leftover broken little bits of apple too so I pile them into the center. Original post HERE.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50-60 minutes.
- Cool completely and traditionally it's served with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Happy Halloween Baking Everyone:@)