Chocolate and peppermint are a perfect flavor combination.
5 Minute Candy Cane Fudge
2 Tblsp butter
2/3 C evaporated milk (a 12oz can makes 2 batches)
1 1/2 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 C mini marshmallows-or 16 regular sized marshmallows
1 1/2 C good semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli)
1 tsp vanilla
Crushed Candy Canes to cover top, approximately 6-8
- Combine butter, milk, sugar and salt in sauce pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a full boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add marshmallows, chips and vanilla. Stir vigorously until marshmallows melt and blend in. Keep stirring... it will happen:@)
- Pour into 8" square buttered pan (I just line the pan with Reynolds Release).
- Immediately sprinkle the top with crushed candy canes and gently press them into the warm fudge. (Or just sprinkle half with the candy canes and you'll have two types of fudge.)
- Cool and cut into squares.
Have a sticky sweet happy day!
And remember... Christmas calories don't count:@)