Monday, April 27, 2015

Ginger Pork Tenderloin-a diabetes friendly marinade

I'm eager to begin grilling out again and even though the weather may not be perfect, the boys were sure happy to hear that Ginger Pork Tenderloin was on the menu this past Sunday. While this marinade has three big flavor items (ginger, soy and garlic), the recipe only calls for 30 minutes in the fridge, I'd let it go much longer the next time. We did like it though and found the charred bits were especially tasty. They recommend heating up the marinade that held the meat and pouring it over the slices... I didn't care for the appearance of that and didn't use it, so going forward I'll do what Alton Brown suggests and just make extra marinade to set off to the side for once off the grill.
It seems that this cut of meat is by far one of the easiest to cook outside (hot dogs have to take first place in that category:@) I grill normal size tenderloins over a fairly hot covered grill for a total of 16 minutes, 4 four minutes on each side. This has proven to be a very good method for me, I even like that the fatter end is a little pinker and the thinner end gets more well done, something for everyone. Note to self: Always oil the grate before adding meat... always.

Ginger Pork Tenderloin-from EveryDayDiabeticRecipes.com
2 Tblsp olive oil
2 Tblsp light soy sauce-I used regular
1 Tblsp grated fresh ginger
1 Tblsp honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 pork tenderloins, about 2lbs total
Mix first five ingredients in a food storage bag, add pork and marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes-I suggest much longer.

There is now a ~marinades~ label at the bottom of my blog, this recipe makes 19 to choose from, so if you're looking for a new idea, there just might be something here at Pig In Mud for you to try.

Let's fire up the grill and have a happy day:@)

9 comments:

  1. Love a good marinade especially with soy sauce, and I always say the longer you marinate the better! The bark looks tasty on your meat~ I hope Earl wasn't offended by the pork menu :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our favorite flavors for pork tenderloin! I'd like the leftovers in a stir fry.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, delish! The flavors and char are wonderfully appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tenderloin with soy sauce and fresh ginger! I love using fresh ginger, period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, another yummy marinade to try! Pork tenderloin is such an easy meat to prepare on the grill and it just so happens that I don't have any right now in the freezer. I must remember to buy a couple when I get to the grocery store. Thanks for the inspiration, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a delicious pork tenderloin on the grill! Soy-based marinades our my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your marinade sounds tasty Lynn! We like the charred bits on the tenderloin too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!