Sunday, May 4, 2014

Corn Dog Stuffed Jalapenos

Finger foods are fun for any gathering and the latest in my stuffed jalapeno series tasted great and gave me a good chuckle! I think your sports loving crowd might also get a kick out of these Corn Dog Stuffed Jalapenos while watching the game. I cut hotdogs in half, then into fourths and laid them on the cornbread batter. If your jalapenos are fat enough little cocktail wienies would look cute and work great!
Pin It
As an after thought I added some relish to the top of the mustard and loved that... So that's a serving option:@)

Corn Dog Stuffed Jalapenos
jalapenos, cut in half, deseeded and deveined
cornbread batter, either a box mix or your favorite recipe-make a couple muffins with any leftover batter
hotdogs, cut in half then into fourths (trim if they're too long)
ketchup and mustard for serving
  1. Fill jalapenos almost to the top with batter.
  2. Lay a hotdog on top of each one, cut edges down.
  3. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until cornbread is set.

15 comments:

  1. This would be too spicy for me, but I know someone in our home that would love these. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, delicious and brilliant idea Lynn, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if those aren't the cutest appetizers, Lynn! My son would go crazy for them, and me, too. You should enter a contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just neat! The photo is great too. I couldn't eat the jalapeno, but would love the flavor of it in the cornbread and wiener. Great football snack, so you will have to bring it back : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too cute and clever Lynn! My hubby would love these! Happy Cinco de Mayo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable and I would really go for them 'cause I love cornbread.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spicy and clever! Man food.

    Linda @ Tumbleweed Contessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun idea! My boys would love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cute, kind of like a spicy corndog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynn,
    thats a nice idea for any occassion. Looks really yummy. Thanks for sharing.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great recipe!! I love the way the look~I had corn dogs on my bucket list last month but couldn't think of a way to make them exciting~jalapenos are brilliant! Thanks Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a Corn Dog lover, and can't wait to try your fun recipe, Lynn! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week!
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!