Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Went Junking!

I found this planter at the Salvation Army for 80¢ and thought it was cute. For that price I didn't even mind that there was dirt in it! The planter is about 4.5" tall and 6" wide. Doubt it's vintage-says Made in Taiwan and has a scanner sticker $4.99, but has a good feel to it. I love the planters with a bottle brush tree and vintage ornaments glued to them, but with the opening of the sack being 3"x3.5" that would require a big tree! So for now I'll just tuck him away and hope to come up with a craft or fun idea before the holidays.
Any ideas?

My tip: Keep a list of "want to work on" or "need to find" items and re-read it on the first of each month,
or maybe looking at it when you go out shopping for fun isn't a bad idea either:@).

I'm joining: Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits.

Have a happy day!

20 comments:

  1. Cute! Maybe a Charlie Brown sort of tree would go in there. Good luck! Let us know what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute find! I would fill him with candy canes or other holiday candies.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thrifting is such fun! You just never know what you'll find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun find. I have found a few Christmas platter at Goodwill since Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! that will be a great addition to Holiday decorations :))
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is a very jolly looking Santa! I would fill his sack with goodies!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and he is definitely a cutie :)

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am another one who would fill it with goodies or gift boxes all wrapped. That's really cute! I did just a little junkin' last week but didn't see any good Christmas goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you will find the perfect use for your little Santa. Now is the time of year to pick up little treasures like that. They all disappear when we get close to the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crochet post is a delight...especially The End. The Chicken Bombs are gorgeous.
    I would need time, too, to come up with inspiration for the lil Santa, but I think it will be terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be waiting to see what fun idea you come up with for this. Love thrift shops, you never know what treasures you might find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dollar Tree my have some small poinsettas or something. I would put mini candy canes. Chocolate coins, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great find, it just perks my day up to find fun items like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute find, Lynn! It does have a very vintage feel. I think, since it looks like Santa's sack, I would wrap up little boxes and fill the area up with them. Maybe you could find some other miniature things to add.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute find! Yesterday I thought of you....I found a wooden server shaped like a trough with a carved pig face on one end!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You will come up with something cute!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute as can be and I know you will use him in the cutest way....and then I'll be out looking everywhere for one just like him. :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!