Earl says: A cookie that's bigger than me!!! I'm in hog heaven!Lorraine writes these are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. I'd say that's a perfect description and would like to add, they are very nicely spiced too. You might think 1 tsp of cloves is a lot, but it's very good in these cookies. If you're fond of Ginger Snaps you'll love Ginger Crinkles!
Ginger Crinkles-from With A Grateful Prayer and Thankful Heart
2 C A/P flour
3 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 1/3 C sugar, divided
1 egg, slightly beaten
3/4 C shortening
1/4 C molasses
- Combine shortening and 1 C sugar, mix well.
- Add egg and molasses, mix well.
- Add dry, mix until it comes together.
- Roll into 1" balls, roll in remaining 1/3 C sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees, 8-10 minutes.