I say add a nice crusty bread with butter and it sounds like lunch to me!
What the heck, my bikini days are long over:@)
Quick Italian Zucchini and Tomato Soup
1 C (heaping) diced onion
2 tsp olive oil
2 large or 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C green bell pepper, diced
1 stalk celery, sliced
14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes, with liquid-I'd use petite dice if I had them, didn't this time
2 C chicken stock
1 C water-I like my soup thick, you might want to add more water
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
a few shakes of celery seed
up to 2 tsp Chicken Better Than Bullion-optional, to taste
(1) 8"-ish zucchini, grated, diced or sliced-if using a bigger one take the seeds out
14.5 oz can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed-kidney beans are fine
S&P to taste-it does need salt
- Cook onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, green pepper and celery. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stock, water spices and bullion if using. Bring to a quick boil.
- Add zucchini and reduce to simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Add beans and heat through.