Hummas With Peanut Butter
(1) 15 oz can of chick peas (Garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
Zest and juice of one lemon
2 small cloves of garlic
Handful of parsley
3 Tblsp olive oil
1 Tblsp creamy peanut butter
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
A few grinds of pepper
pinch of salt
Water if needed
Serve with pita chips, flat bread, tortilla chips, veggies or anything that sounds good!
- Put everything except water into a food processor and let 'er rip!
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides a couple times, if it seems too thick add a little water, just 1 tsp at a time until you reach the desired consistency. I only added 1 tsp.
- I can really taste the garlic and lemon. To change it up I'll try roasted garlic (tutorial here) next time, maybe 6-8 cloves.
- Don't sweat the parsley folks, use some if you have it, leave it out if not. But I do think the specks of green are pretty.
- Other options: using lime instead of lemon and adding crushed red pepper or hot sauce.
- This gets better the longer it sits in the fridge. Sounds like it should be stored in the fridge and served at room temp.
- Used the mini bowl of my KA food processor, worked like a champ! You do have to let it run for a few minutes though.
If you'd like ideas for other bean dips you can find some I've made here.
Have a happy day:@)