Monday, November 1, 2021

Toffee Coated Peanuts -Small Batch or Large

I knew these Toffee Coated Peanuts would be perfect for football season, but I also have to say they'd make great holiday or hostess gifts too. Sweet, cinnamon-y and crunchy, they are just a perfect little snack! And if you've ever made candy with a thermometer, you'll appreciate the ease of this recipe:@) This is also a project that from start to dishes washed will be done in less than an hour, with most of that baking time. Another great thing, you can make a small batch too, use the recipe below for the 4 oz size of Planters peanuts at Dollar Tree.
Tip: As the dishwasher... 
I lined my baking sheet with Reynolds Release and mixed everything right on it, 
no extra bowl to wash or sugar baked onto the sheet.
Christmas tip: I like to buy 6, 8 or 10 pack sets of Lock-N-Lock from QVC. 
Then I'll add treats and gift some since I don't need all of them. 

Toffee Coated Peanuts-from Iowa Housewife
For every 1 C dry roasted peanuts:
1 Tblsp butter, melted
2 Tblsp sugar
1 Tblsp corn syrup-I had light corn syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt-can omit if using salted peanuts
up to 1/8 tsp nutmeg-I didn't measure, just grated some in
  1. Mix everything except nuts. Stir in peanuts, coat well.
  2. Pour onto greased baking sheet (or onto parchment or Reynolds Release).
  3. Bake at 300 degrees 20-25 minutes or until deep brown and bubbly. Stir at each 10 minute mark. 
  4. Remove from oven, give one last stir, allow to cool on rack.
  5. My suggestion: Once they cool let nuts rest on paper towels for a bit so any excess butter/moisture can be blotted a bit.
  6. Break apart and store in air tight container.
Snack well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a great gift idea! Thanks for your tips, too, Lynn. I know these would be loved by me, too. Happy November! 🍁🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this would be delicious with all sorts of nuts! I can't resist anything "caramel" or "toffee."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like the perfect holiday gift. Thanks for sharing this recipe Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these would be perfect addition to the homemade gifts I make the neighbors. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge YUM! Can't wait to try these! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, Linda at Paper Seedlings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being a nutty person I know I'd love them :) I love the ease of this recipe too. Can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious snack, perfect for the cold winter months snuggled up watching TV - love the name of your website too #FullPlateThursday

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delicious and so much healthier than caramel corn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!