Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Spicy Popcorn with Paprika, Cumin & Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

It's been a while since I've tried a new flavored popcorn and if you like a little heat, this Spicy Popcorn was pretty darn good! Extra nice while sitting outside this fall enjoying a campfire or chimenea (or football game) with a nice cold beverage:@) I did change things up just a bit for myself, but that's the beauty of making things at home, you can make it the way you like it!
While I'm sure the original amount of butter is amazing, I just had to cut it in half.
And I'm a big fan of parmesan cheese... But do question why it was added to the recipe?
So for myself next time...
I might bump up the butter a tad, omit the parm, and shake on some salt instead.
The heat can be decreased or increased by how much crushed pepper you choose to use.
Recipe is easily cut in half.

Spicy Popcorn-from Taste of Home
10 C popcorn
1/4 C butter-I cut back
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 C grated parmesan cheese-I think this can be omitted
salt to taste
  • Place popcorn in large bowl. Mix spices with melted butter, drizzle over popcorn while giving the popcorn an occasional toss to mix well. Sprinkle with cheese if using, add salt to taste.

Snack well and have a happy day:@)

4 comments:

  1. Nothing's better for snacking than popcorn! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This sounds perfect! Thanks for the tip on the cheese. I will follow your lead on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spicy popcorn for a Fall treat sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks! You've inspired me to shake things up and make a spicy version!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!