Monday, June 28, 2021

Retro Fresh Strawberry Pie with Jello -No Bake Refrigerator Pie

Next up in my Jello series is this Retro Fresh Strawberry Pie with Jello. It's been on the to do list for a ~long~ time and boy am I glad I finally made it! This is a great, cool treat that's perfect for those store bought strawberries that are just a tad tart... And since it's no bake it's perfect for summer. There's a lot of wiggle room when it comes to the amount of sugar you can use, it calls for one cup, I used 1/2 cup, and my crew even suggested 1/4 C next time. I also read reviews that use sugar free Jello and a Stevia type sweetener, so that's pretty versatile and diet friendly:@) And for anyone that's worried about that "Jello" taste... Nope, this is a surprisingly mild pie that's just really nice! We thoroughly enjoyed it and decided it should be on the yearly list of must haves. I hope my son's strawberries decide they're happy next spring so we can try it with local berries next time.

Looking for a different red, white and blue dessert?
How about tossing in a handful of blueberries.
This makes my 30th recipe using Jello!
I think that's fun:@)


Retro Fresh Strawberry Pie with Jello-from Tablespoon
3 Tblsp corn starch
1 C sugar-can cut back, I used 1/2 C
1 1/2 C water
four serving size strawberry Jello
2 C sliced strawberries-one quart or 1 lb box is fine for 9" pie
One baked pie crust, they call for 10" (that's kinda big), I used a store bought 9" graham cracker crust
Whipped cream for topping if desired-I desired:@)
  1. Add corn starch, sugar and water to sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, stir constantly until thickened.
  2. Add Jello, stir until dissolved. 
  3. Pour strawberries into pie crust
  4. Pour sauce over berries, wiggle around a bit to make sure jell goes through the fruit to the bottom.
  5. Refrigerate until set.
Enjoy a sweet cool treat and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

3 comments:

  1. This looks like the perfect summertime dessert recipe Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberry pie is one of my very favorites! I hope your son’s berries do well next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!