Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Pineapple and Jalapeno Guacamole with Bacon-for One or a Crowd

Oh this was nice folks, really nice. I was aiming for a bright and fruity guac and this Pineapple and Jalapeno Guacamole with Bacon really hit the spot! You'll notice I didn't add any raw garlic, one: to keep it light, and two: this meant it didn't need any mingling time in the fridge. Just mix and serve. Perfect as a last minute snack for impromptu drinks (or I may have even called it lunch on a lazy weekend day:@) I also purposely cut back on the cumin, oh you'll taste it, but it's just a hint in the background. With no garlic, mild onion and well cleaned jalapenos, the sweetness of the pineapple really comes through. Don't hesitate to give this a try, it might just become a summer favorite!

A word about the small snack packs of pineapple you can get at the store, even Dollar Tree...
They are perfect if you cook for one or two, sweet and sour chicken, fried rice, etc. 
I like to keep them on-hand and use them all the time.

Pineapple and Jalapeno Guacamole with Bacon
For each ripe avocado:
juice from half a lime
1/8 tsp cumin
4 oz snack size tub of pineapple tidbits, drained and diced
small/medium jalapeno, cleaned and small dice
small roma tomato, cored and seeded, diced
sweet onion, small dice, as much as you'd like, I cut two slices from a small Vidalia onion
1-2 slices crispy bacon, crumbled, mix some in, save some for topping, I used 1 1/4 slices
  1. Scoop inside of avocado into bowl, add pinch of salt and mash.
  2. Add cumin and lime juice, mix well.
  3. Gently fold everything else in.
  4. If necessary, push plastic wrap down on top of guacamole and store in refrigerator until serving.
Snack well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds really great! Also, I appreciate you always telling us about the great things that you find at Dollar Tree. I haven’t noticed the small containers of pineapple, but I’ll be checking. I could use those a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!