Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Creamy Salsa Dip, Two Ingredient -Plus Slow Cooker Liner Tip

The holidays may be over folks but there's still a lot of football left, and football requires snacks:@) If you're looking for a fast dip that can be made with only two items you may already have on hand, you can't go wrong with this Creamy Salsa Dip. It's intended for a slow cooker, but you could heat this up in the microwave or oven too. The recipe, as written, should fit into a Little Dipper Crock Pot, but you may want to hold a little out so you can stir it. I made half using an 8 oz jar of Pace from Dollar Tree.

My Crock Pot tip:
Place the liner in the vessel, fit it around one side, and push it so that you can gather the excess to the other side.
Use a plastic closure from a bag of bread or rolls, or a twist tie to secure the excess and trim if desired.
I bought some of the small 1-3 quart liners, here it's lining a 2 1/2-ish C Little Dipper Crock Pot.


Now, I'm not suggesting serving like this for a fancy holiday meal, 
but as chief cook and bottle washer here at Pig In Mud... 
I have to say the boys enjoyed this football snack as much as I enjoyed the clean-up:@)
A picture of the dip, not super model pretty, but ~very~ tasty!
I have some bubbles because I used a whisk to help incorporate the cream cheese.
I wonder if Kraft melts better than the store brands?

Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Dip-from The Frugal Girls
16 oz salsa
4 oz cream cheese, softened
Tortilla chips for serving

  • Add to slow cooker vessel, cover (I like placing paper towels under lid), cook on low for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
Enjoy a snack and have a happy day:@)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very tasty, I am liking the idea of a creamy salsa! I used to use liners all the time, I need to restock!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! I have never used a liner, but I need to try them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!