Saturday, June 6, 2020

Extending the life of your summer holiday garden flags

There are two things that ruin the look of the small American flags that we buy and stick in the yard for the summer holidays... Fading and fraying. I can't help with fading, ~but~ this simple suggestion might help with the fraying -use pinking shears to trim the edges. Wa-La, a sewing technique that's been around forever, helping to keep our flags looking tidy longer, and ultimately saving us a little money:@)
 This is not intended for large flags that are sewn with hems, 
just the small 6"-18"-ish sized flags.

Show your colors and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Theme'd Link-Up for All Things American-Red, White and Blue

5 comments:

  1. Very smart Lynn! Love Ken's tacky tie too!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very old pair of pinking shears that belonged to my grandmother who died before I was born. I have kept them for sentimental reasons. Now I have a great use for them :) Great suggestion!

    Fun stopping by and perusing many of your past posts!

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend now that those nasty storms are over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEW smart and easy too Lynn, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Thanks so much for linking up with me at #AThemedLinkup 20 for All Things American (red, white, and blue), open June 27 to July 25. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!