Monday, August 19, 2019

Sweet Chopped Coleslaw with Celery and Red Bell Pepper

Add this one to your 'to try' list folks! This Sweet Chopped Cole Slaw got a big thumbs up at dinner and I was asked to keep it in the rotation. I love the addition of celery and bell pepper making it a nice variation from our family's traditional cabbage and carrot coleslaw. Creamy, cool, crunchy ~and~ kinda sweet... Very nice! Oh, and the hot sauce? Nobody asked, so I didn't tell:@) This recipe is easily scaled down too.

*My only change, I used all Half and Half instead of milk and buttermilk.

Sweet Chopped Coleslaw-from Taste of Home
1/2 head of cabbage, small diced
1/2 C celery, thinly sliced
1/2 C red or green bell pepper, small diced
1/3 C sweet onion, minced
1/2 C mayonnaise
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C 2 % milk*
1/4 C buttermilk*
2 tsp white vinegar
1/4 tsp hot sauce
S&P to taste
~Add everything to large bowl, mix well, cover and chill until ready to serve.

7 comments:

  1. Your coleslaw using a pepper and celery looks so good and perfect for any summer meal. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so hungry for coleslaw! And I like sides like this for football watching! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is YUM! I can’t wait to try and I have everything to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the red peppers make it look so pretty! I love coleslaw, especially on a grilled chicken sandwich :) What time is it anyway, I'm starving!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great. With some minor alterations I can make your recipes keto. We have really enjoyed many of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a yummy version of coleslaw Lynn! Love the red bell pepper ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love coleslaw and this one looks creamy and delish! Love the extra crunch from the celery and peppers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!