Monday, July 8, 2019

Fresh Lemonade Cucumber Salad

I've been waiting for garden cucumbers to try this Fresh Lemonade Cucumber Salad that's been floating around in my head for a while. The idea was to use fresh lemon juice instead of vinegar and purposely ~sweeten~ it up with sugar, you know, like lemonade:@) You could use a sugar substitute for a low carb version if desired. This is one of those side salads that's best served around 2 hours after it's mixed, it doesn't take long for the lemon to create a pickled effect. Don't hesitate to give this a try if you have an extra cucumber and would like to make something different!

Fresh Lemonade Cucumber Salad
One large cucumber, sliced very thin-I used a couple smaller ones
a few thin slices of onion, chopped-as much as you'd like, you know your crowd:@)
zest of half a lemon
juice of whole lemon
1 Tblsp sugar
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning (or S&P to taste)
~Mix well, let mingle in fridge for about 2 hours.

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....I always have cukes in the fridge and this salad would make a lovely side dish! Bill still isn't on board with cucumbers, but I'm happy to keep this all to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make this asap! Love the lemon, thanks Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cucumber salad sounds really interesting! I too will have to give this a try this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat cucumbers every single day. This sounds like a great way to have them and can be easily ketofied. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cukes, and am having a cucumber salad tonight. I have a couple of extras and I’ll try your recipe. Thanks, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so refreshing for summer Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious! Can't wait for my cucumber plants to grow up so I can try it! Planting was much later this year due to the cold spring :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!