Monday, June 18, 2018

88¢ Grilled Frozen Cauliflower with Curry Powder, Lawry's Seasoned Salt and Lime Juice

On today's episode of Frugal Living-Squeeze that penny til it squeals...
Here's the deal folks, I love cauliflower... But I don't love $3+ per head. On a whim I checked the frozen foods isle of Walmart and found a 12 oz bag for 88¢ -whhaaat??? Needless to say, I brought some home and have a couple ideas for it. First up, Grilled Frozen Cauliflower with Curry Powder, Lawry's Seasoned Salt and Lime Juice. It cooks from frozen to plate in 15 minutes and is truly a little different than our normal grilled side dishes. I also like the hearty bite, and look at that great color and yummy char!

Grilled Frozen Cauliflower with Curry Powder, Lawry's Seasoned Salt and Lime Juice
12 oz bag frozen cauliflower
drizzle of olive oil
1 tsp curry powder, divided
1 tsp Lawry's Original Seasoned Salt, divided
juice of half of a lime
  1. Light grill on high, place grill wok/pan on grates while grill heats up.
  2. Pour frozen cauliflower into bowl and drizzle with olive oil, toss to coat.
  3. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp curry powder and 1/2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt, toss well.
  4. Sprinkle with last 1/2 tsp curry powder and 1/2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt, toss well.
  5. Grill frozen cauliflower over high heat for 15 minutes, stirring/turning half way through.
  6. Remove from heat, squeeze lime juice over cauliflower, toss and serve.
Eat well, economically, and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Full Plate Thursday

10 comments:

  1. I love this one. Use to eat like snack in the evening:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy. Wonder if it would work in a grill pan on the stove top. I live in an apartment so no grills allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sure and look for this when I buy frozen veggies. They are on my grocery list right now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great (and frugal!) shortcut! I love cauliflower, too---especially roasted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful color and char Lynn! I had to chuckle at your 'squeeze the penny til it squeals' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are quite the clever saver Lynn!Who knew you could grill frozen vegetables!!!! You are fearless with your spices!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy, frugal and yummy. That’s a keeper recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! So glad to see it didn't get mushy going on the grill frozen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!