The cake almost has the appearance of a cobbler with the way it bubbles up around the berries. I happened to have a 10" pie plate so that's what I used, a 9" springform pan would also work as would any similar sized baking dish.
I think you'll like this if you try it folks, we sure did:@)
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake-from Julia'sAlbum adapted from Martha Stewart
1 1/2 C A/P flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
6 Tblsp butter or 3 Tblsp each butter and Greek yogurt
1 C sugar-optional: plus two for sprinkling over the berries before baking
1/2 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 C chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half-you may not use all of them
- Mix butter, yogurt (if using) and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well, add milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt, mix until just combined. Ideally the dry ingredients would be sifted first.
- Stir chocolate chips into batter.
- Pour batter into a well greased 10" pie plate or baking dish. You can stop by Julia's for springform pan instructions.
- Arrange strawberries, cut side down, all over the top. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips, let them fall between the berries.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes then turn the oven down to 325 and bake an additional 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)