Very tasty! (No idea what's happening with the colors of these pics folks...)
Dough for a two crust pie or bottom crust and **crumb topping
4 C strawberries, sliced thick
1/2 C flour
1/2 C sugar
A couple pats of butter-optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- *Place bottom crust in a 9" pie plate.
- Gently mix berries with flour and sugar.
- Pour into pie plate, use spatula to add every last drop-sorry Earl:@)
- Add a couple pats of butter-if using, I didn't.
- Add top crust or crumbs.
- Bake for one hour.
- *1 quart of chopped berries gave me approx 3 1/2 cups so I used an 8" pie plate.
- I still kept the flour at 1/2 cup, I wanted to make sure the pie set up well. I would remove 1 Tblsp of flour the next time.
- Taste your strawberries before you start, if they're not very sweet you can add a tablespoon or two of additional sugar.
- I think the top of this pie should be completely covered, some of the berries got a little dark.
- The next time I make it I will add some cinnamon to a crumb topping instead of a top crust.
- If you like strawberries don't hesitate to give this pie a try folks!
- **Adding this recipe for crumbs: 3/4 C flour, 1/2 C sugar, melted butter (approx 4-6 Tblsp). Mix dry, slowly drizzle in butter while gently "fluffing" the mixture with a fork. The idea is to mix gently so you get some nice big crumbs. Pour over pie filling. Mix in any spices you'd like to use with the flour/sugar.