Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Easy Canned Pear Cake with Pumpkin Spice

When it comes to fall flavors we mostly think of apples and pumpkin, but pears are a fall fruit too, and pear goes well with the warm spices of autumn... I whipped up this Easy Canned Pear Cake with Pumpkin Spice for Sunday dinner. It was the day we stacked fire wood, so I thought it best to treat the boys to something sweet after dinner:@) This batter will be very thick, that even worked well with the wetter canned fruit. And I thought the whole walnuts would be pretty, but do recommend using chopped nuts so you get some nut in every bite. This is a nice recipe to tuck away folks, easy enough to change up the fruit and spices as desired, or to use what's on-hand.

Nothing fancy,
but great with a nice cup of coffee or tea:@)

A busy day:@)

Canned Pear Cake with Pumpkin Spice-adapted from here
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1/3 C oil-I mixed half oil, half applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tblsp butter, melted
1 1/2 C A/P flour
pinch of salt
1 3/4-2 tsp pumpkin spice
15oz can pears, diced and drained well
1/2 C chopped walnuts or pecans
Powdered sugar for serving
  1. I mixed first 7 ingredients by hand with sturdy spatula, mixture will be very thick.
  2. Fold in the pears.
  3. Pour into sprayed or buttered 8x8 baking dish. Even mixture out.
  4. Top with nuts.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
  6. Cool, top with powdered sugar for serving.
Enjoy a piece of cake and
Have a Happy Day:@)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I have a can of pears I need to use and what is better than using it for cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!! I love pears and could easily eat this whole cake myself!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!