4th of July Party! I saw this Candy Bark on Paula Deen's site and thought it would be a great summer treat. To make it festive I simply sprinkled red, white and blue nonpareils on the top.
1 Bag white chocolate chips (Paula used the white chocolate squares, you can click the link above)
1 1/4 C skinny pretzels (sticks broken in half, not crushed)
1/2 C roasted peanuts (I used salted)
Colorful candy decorations for the top
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment, wax paper or a silicone liner.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or the microwave till smooth.
- Gently mix in pretzels and peanuts.
- Pour out onto cookie sheet, spread mixture out and sprinkle with candy topping.
- Let cool for a few hours or put in fridge for 45 minutes, break into pieces and store in an air tight container.
- I adjusted my recipe down because a bag of chips is only 11 oz.
- If you want to use chocolate instead of white chocolate, well, I won't tell Miss Paula! Just be careful to temper it.
- This would be best if you're eating inside (at least have this inside). It was over 90 degrees today and the chocolate did get a little soft after a while.
It's A Keeper Thursday
Full Plate Thursday
Sweets This Week
4th of July Blog Party
This Week's Cravings