This Wrap Skirt for Barbie has a no-sew option, truly making it simple for girls to make for themselves. This looks a little more finished than my Barbie tunic top and Ken tank top because we glue (or sew) trim around the bottom edge. But it's still the same theory, we don't really need hems because we're using pinking shears. This is a super simple 15-30 minute project that's a great way to add to Barbie's wardrobe while doing a little stash busting at the same time.
And a totally different look...
A word about glue: I absolutely love Liquid Stitch,
but recently I've been using Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue for these crafts.
It seems to adhere quicker and dry faster.
Almost finished skirt, only needs snaps or velcro...
What I did:
- Cut one with pinking shears.
- Fold top (waist) over 1/4" and glue or sew.
- Glue or sew sewing trim from rounded side of waist around bottom to the other side. Leave flat side unfinished (see picture above). Note: The rick-rack did ~not~ want to adhere with glue, I sewed that on. The delicate lace glued just fine.
- Sew snaps or hot glue/sew velcro dots for closure. My dots on the pattern are just estimates, it's always best to have your girl's favorite doll close by for fittings. My best tip: You'll either want to add the closure so the waistband stays tight to hold up the straight edged side, or add a second snap or tad of velcro to that side too.
- To dress doll, hold straight side of skirt against side of doll's hip. Wrap skirt all the way around doll, overlapping fabric in front, and snap closed.
- Smile at a half hour well spent😉
Oh how I wish this rick-rack was red...
How to make a No-Sew Ribbon Bathing Suit here & Swing Top here:
If you're looking for an easy and fun patriotic dessert for your 4th of July celebration this year,
may I suggest these Cream Cheese Message Brownies.
I simply used a store bought brownie mix, whipped up some cream cheese 'paint' and, wa-la,
we have a festive and colorful treat!
And of course a few sprinkles never hurt anything:@)
Happy 4th of July Weekend Everyone!
Make it a great one:@)