Don't hesitate to make this very tasty seasonal treat folks, and if you happen to have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer...
Well, that would be a beautiful thing too:@)
Rhubarb Crisp-from Taste of Home, originally from Quaker Oats
3/4 C sugar
3 Tbslp cornstarch
3 C sliced rhubarb
2 C sliced apples or strawberries
1 C quick cooking or old fashioned oats
1/2 C brown sugar, packed
1/2 C butter, melted
1/3 C A/P flour
1 tsp cinnamon
vanilla ice cream-optional
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in large bowl. Add fruit and gently mix well.
- Spoon into 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix oatmeal, brown sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon in small bowl, should resemble coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Have a happy day:@)