Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Curried Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs

As soon as I saw the addition of curry in this marinade I knew I'd have to give it a try, and I'm glad I did:@) Sweet, tangy, spicy (meaning exotic, not hot) and savory... there's a lot going on here folks. The original recipe uses whole chicken breasts, I cut mine into cubes for these Curried Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs. The marinade coats all of the little pieces of chicken and makes for a very flavorful bite. I served it over Zucchini Rice-a nice combination!
Notes: Oil your grill grates really well, this wants to stick. And I will say the bell peppers didn't seem like a good fit with the curry, so you may want to stick with yellow and green summer squash which was very good! Actually, I'd recommend this marinade for zucchini as a grilled side dish, they go together that well (cube it and cook it quickly in a grill pan). Some apple would probably be a tasty choice for kabobs too...

Curried Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs-from A Farmgirl's Dabbles
1/4 C honey
2 Tblsp prepared yellow mustard
1 Tblsp vegetable oil
1 tsp curry powder-I used Jamaican
S&P to taste
1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/2" thickness
  1. Mix together first five items, add chicken and marinate in fridge 2-4 hours.
  2. Remove from fridge, heat up grill and grill until done. 
  3. Alternately: If you want to make kabobs cut desired vegetables to approximately the same size as the chicken cubes and add to skewers, I did brush them with the marinade before placing them on the grill (then discard marinade). I used green bell pepper, onion and yellow squash.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

8 comments:

  1. That makes my mouth water. We have chicken breasts to grill for tomorrow night. We may want to try this! Thanks! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at what a nice touch a pinch of two of curry can bring to a dish. Lovely photo Lynn.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious, Lynn! I love the addition of curry and the veggies could be easily swapped out to anything you like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, You're the kabob queen! I can see how these would be a tasty pairing with your zucchini rice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Mary, as you really are the Kabob Queen! Thanks for giving us your honest opinion on what goes best with the marinade. I can see that your zucchini rice is the perfect side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love chicken and curry anything together. Your kabobs look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never cooked with curry Lynn, this sounds like an interesting and different way to cook chicken. My husband came home with 14 large boneless chicken breasts the other day {I asked him to buy a pkg of 6 chicken thighs} He apparently thought bigger and better, so now I am on the hunt for a lot of new ways to cook chicken!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!