Saturday, April 1, 2023

Early Spring Garden & Easy Felt Barbie Shrug DIY

Truthfully, there isn't much going on in my raised bed garden here at the very beginning of April folks... I'm just looking forward to planting and still trying to plan the layout. As of this time, it looks like we'll have a more moderate April in Philly this year (unlike the freezing temps of last year). Ma gifted me some pretty daffodils, I decided to add them to the flower bed on the end that gets the most sun:@) This little bed also has a new lavender plant. I'm hoping for daffs in March/April and pretty purple flowers this summer. And with any luck, a nicely shaped, small rounded shrub year-round. We shall see...

My spinach isn't setting any records for growth...
I did take it out of the planter and put it in the ground.
I'm watching to see if the cold frame gets enough sunlight.
Might change the board on the left (south facing) to plexiglass.
Just something I'm kicking around.

But I did try a fun little snow pea experiment this year...
I usually plant pea seeds on St. Patrick's Day.
This year they went in during the first week of March instead,
got watered well, and covered with a clear glass pot lid.
I had sprouts ~on~ St. Pat's Day!
Very exciting indeed:@)

And Barbie is ready for spring too... How about whipping up a One Minute, No-Sew Felt Shrug. Super easy, and can be embellished with any sewing trim you have. I found these little pom-poms at Dollar Tree.

✂What I did:
Cut an approximate 6" x 2 3/4" rectangle of felt.
Bring the two short corners together, glue together at the edges.
Note: If adding trim, it might be easier to glue this first.
Barbie's arms go through the two side holes.
The shrug gets adjusted up over her shoulders,
covering the back and neck, and will be open in front.
Wa-la, a 1 minute project that creates a cute doll outer garment😎

The side view:

Now, this is ~your~ outfit...
Felt is not going to softly drape down the back.
You can always glue two small darts on either side so it lays flatter.
But please note, 
that may restrict the doll's arm movement.

🌷Make something just for fun and
Have a Happy Day:@)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lynn. This Spring has been a hard go...temps are just too insane. Hoping to move plants to the greenhouse this week! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peas are looking good, Lynn! Great job on starting them earlier than usual.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!