Monday, October 4, 2021

Sweet & Salty Fall Snack Mix -No Bake, Mix and Serve

It seems like every fall I find myself buying Chex Snack Mix at Dollar Tree, and as I was munching on a bag one day I thought... This would really be great with some peanuts and candy corn... So I present Sweet & Salty Fall Snack Mix. Nothing earth shaking here folks, just a couple suggestions for a very nicely balanced snack mix that's a great munchie any time, but ~and you already know what I'm going to say here~ especially nice for football parties:@) Yep, camping, bon fires and Halloween parties too!
When I start with store bought items I recommend scooping them out of the bags instead of pouring the contents into the bowl. 
The broken bits and crumbs just don't make the prettiest presentation.
This is best mixed and served, not recommended for long term storage.

$5 at Dollar Tree made a nice 3.5 quart-ish party size bowl. 
I used:
Bold Chex Mix, Beer Nuts, candy corn, dried cranberries and white chocolate Flipz pretzels.

A word about each item:
Bold mix because I wanted something with some savory ompf! Beer nuts are slightly sweet and crunchy. Candy corn is great with pretzels (I encourage you try it if you haven't). Cranberries bring chewy and sweet/sour, and we need some kind of bite size chocolate, I chose white for color contrast.

Now, you know your crowd...
Change it up to suit your tastes, any Chex mix, any nuts, any dried fruit, any chocolate.
My only suggestion, if aiming for a theme (here it's fall:@)
try to color coordinate your candy a bit just for fun.

Enjoy a munchie and have a happy day:@)

8 comments:

  1. The snack mix you made sounds just perfect for entertaining and parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the perfect Fall snack, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing better than a good snack mix, and even better there's nothing to cook! Great combo Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of the candy corn and the chocolate covered pretzels. They are 2 of my favorite sweet snacks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. I've been thinking of different snack mixes to try, and these suggestions are perfect. Love the combinations. Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I'm featuring this at the TFT party today. Congrats!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!