Monday, November 26, 2018

Slow Cooker Velveeta Mac and Cheese

To be honest folks, I've tried a few different Mac and Cheese recipes in the slow cooker and have to say, I've been disappointed. Some called for canned soup and some wasted perfectly good sharp cheddar cheese... I was left with soggy noodles, burnt cheese and an awful mess to clean up... But if you're looking for a nice easy, fairly foolproof recipe, ~and~ if there's room in your diet for Velveeta, this Slow Cooker Velveeta Mac and Cheese from Kraft worked out well! Nothing fancy or gourmet, but creamy comfort food on a cold day for sure:@)
Now, I'm far from a slow cooker expert, but it seems the key is to know how yours cooks. Mine runs hot. So I made a half batch and chose to cook it on high for 2 hours, stirring twice at 45 minutes. I also added paper towels under the lid to collect condensation.

Slow Cooker Velveeta Mac and Cheese-from Kraft
3 1/2 C milk
16 oz Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2" cubes
2 1/2 C elbow macaroni, dry
1/2 C water
1/4 C butter-I cut back on this
  1. Combine everything in vessel sprayed with cooking spray. Add lid. I added paper towels under lid.
  2. Cook on low 2 1/2-3 hours or high 1 1/2-2 hours. I stirred mine at 45 minutes twice.
  3. Turn off slow cooker, stir, and allow to stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Try something new and have a happy day:@)

5 comments:

  1. I'm still searching for a homemade mac and cheese that Katie will eat. I'm thinking this is a top contender!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be trying this one, as Cissy loves mac and cheese. We tried a stove top version that she liked but she still loved Stouffers better...so sad, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, slow cooker + velveeta + noodles, what's not to love?? I have been wanting to try the mac & cheese in a mug {microwave}, I must agree with Kitty though, it's hard to beat Stouffers!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Lynn! I'm finally coming up for air after hosting our entire family, Black Friday shopping and Cyber Monday ;) My grandsons love mac n cheese but I usually throw a box of Annie's organic together when they're here. I need to try this for them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!